My team and I will aim together at the successful conclusion of the POMPEI project and more. My two post-docs and my PhD student will work hard in order to produce exciting science and publish productively. I will work hard with them at our research and at supporting their personal professional development.
So far, I supervised 3 Diploma theses (BSc), 1 Master and co-supervised 1 PhD student.
Currently, I am supervising Ms. Karen Pascal's PhD project (University of Leeds).
I have specific training as teacher and supervisor of research students, mainly acquired at University of Leeds:
1) 40 credits course on 'Teaching at Leeds' and 'Enhancing my Teaching' by SDDU, University of Leeds, completed after passing the relative assignments in December 2008
2) 16 hours course on 'Personal Coaching', SDDU, University of Leeds
3) 24 hours course on 'Project Management ', SDDU, University of Leeds
4) 10 credits course on ' Research Students Supervision': attended all classes, not completed yet
5) 10 credits course on 'Management of Research Projects': attended all classes, not completed yet
1996 Master Degree in Physics, University of Bologna
2002 PhD in Physics, University of Bologna
2002 - 2003 Post-Doc, University of Hamburg
2004 - 2006 Post-Doc, University of Bologna
2006 Visiting Scholar, Stanford University, California
2007 - 2009 Lecturer, University of Leeds, UK
2010 - ERC Starting Grant Fellow, University of Hamburg